You know you're getting tired when you have a hard time spelling the only word in your title--written BEFORE the blog post. It reminds me of the time I volunteered at the Bountiful Library and they set me to work organizing their magazines. I went through them alphabetically and wrote the title of each magazine on a label so that they could be properly shelved. When I got to People magazine, I wrote "PEAPOLE." I looked at it for a minute and knew it was wrong, but I didn't know WHY. I finally cheated and looked at the magazine to check the spelling. Then I decided I was tired and that I had stayed at the library far too long. :)
Relationships are like that, I guess. They are important, but sometimes you don't know how they are spelled. You don't know who needs you at the moment, or even who you need. I've had a bit of an adjustment to married life in that respect. I always laughed at people who "disappeared" right after they got married. Now I understand a bit more. It might not be that you are so wrapped up in the person that your spouse is all you want to be with. It's that you want to make sure your fledgling marriage is going to survive. It's that you are spending time with your new family, trying to get to know them and make sure those relationships are strong. Then you are trying to keep up with your family as well. It's a bit difficult.
But worth it, of course. So those of you out there who may not be feeling the love, I love you guys! Even if I don't call as often, I still do. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment