Thursday, March 10, 2011

IRS $30,000

Well, I just got a letter from the IRS today saying I owed them $30,000. Yup, you read that right, THRITY-THOUSAND dollars.

How do i know that I don't owe them that kind of money you may ask? Simple really, I have a fairly good idea of what I make, and all the kinds of deductions i've taken (and they're all legal) and have made the determination that even if i had NEVER taken a deduction before in my life, i still couldn't owe 30,000 to the irs. There is no possible way.

This kind of thing makes me so angry, i'm just not going to be able to express it at this point in my blog, but be rest assured that I will.

There is no reason that the tax code should be so complicated that it requires a team of tax specialists to PAY your taxes and another team to make sure you paid your taxes correctly.

Do you have any idea how much this costs the tax payer?

There needs to be simplification. You should be able to figure your taxes in about 10 minutes or less, a flat tax or other things we'll discuss later....but for now apparently i have to go dig up my tax records.

THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS? Seriously? Since i've filed my taxes once already, if i find that i made the correct contributions, the IRS should pay me for my time that they've caused me to waste. Once is enough, twice is absurd.

1 comment:

Kdawg the Bomb! said...

That is outrageous and wrong that you have to pay that amount. Apparently someone messed up on their caculations. Just go into a room and just yell to the ceiling with all of your anger and frustrains out.