Monday, July 5, 2010

The news of the day

Well, Becca and I thought that we would reward our loyal blog followers by utilizing this medium to share some news. While it isn't always easy to follow other people's blogs, it is nice to keep up with other people. And since blogs are usually used to share "old news", we decided to mix things up a bit and bring you something that "You saw it here first" would apply.

So, with out any further delay, I bring to you the "news of the day". It seems as though Becca and I are now expecting our first child. We are 9 1/2 weeks along...and no, we don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet :).

But we are very excited. Becca has been horribly sick and it has been very hard on her...and I have been a very good husband and have been trying to find a variety of food that she can successfully eat. Thus far we have been unsuccessful, but I'm up for trying more. It's easier on me...after all.

But from what I've been told..it's all worth it in the end...

So, for those of you who read our previous post you will notice it is a bit different. This is the post that is more sensitive to those friends and family who could not take the joke that I made in the last one.

4 comments:

Trent and Rachel said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH! I am so EXCITED!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
Also Brent, to make you feel better---when I was pregnant and Yaking all day--you go into somewhat of a depression I'm afraid. So when Trent was making dinner and then washing the dishes, he cut himself one Sunday. He came into the bedroom with a finger full of gushing blood and said that we needed to go to the Instacare, I looked at him like "Seriously."
Alas, he did NEED stitches and it all worked out.He still loves to bring it up that I was so sick that I would have rather he bled to death.
Throwing up so many times a day makes you want to DIE!!!!! So Trent and I can understand how both of you are feeling and it's tough!!!
Yet, it's going to be AMAZING in the end. So hang in there, YEAH!!!

Trent and Rachel said...

If you can't joke...what else do you have in this world when times are tough???hee hee

Trent & Rachel

Brent said...

Heh heh, yeah you two are very fun to work with. Unfortunately, there are also some high(er) strung people who completely went ballistic on my original post. Including saying some things to Becca that they probably should not have done. I opted to remove it and put something more sensitive. I guess people don't understand that the whole delivery of the news was supposed to be obnoxious and shallow. Besides, that's who I am..obnoxious and shallow!!!

Ruth said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!
I confess that I've been wondering... personally, along with a lot of fellow blogging mothers-to-be, don't feel up to blogging during the first few months of pregnancy. And it's been a while since Becca posted something.
Hope you'll be able to enjoy it more soon, Becca! Keep up the good work, you two!